Raspberry-Almond Crumble bars - June, 2019.
Friends will be wowed with this easy recipe.
This is my go-to recipe using almond flour if a gluten-sensitive friend is coming for dinner. BTW, someone who eats a bagel for breakfast, pizza for lunch and pasta for dinner will also love this dessert.
Find this recipe on
pages 86 - 88 of my Fat Witch Bake Sale cookbook.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup seedless raspberry preserves (okay to use one with seeds)
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease as 9” square baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Dust the bottom with almond flour and shake out the excess.
- The Crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the flour and salt using a fork.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the oil, agave and vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour to the mixture and stir until combined.
- It will be crumbly. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- The Filling:
- Spread the raspberry preserves evenly over the top of the crust.
- The Topping:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt and cinnamon with a fork.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, agave and egg until well combined.
- Add this mixture to the flour and stir until it forms a crumbly dough
- Stir in the sliced almonds. You may need to use your hands.
- With your fingers, drop big pinches of the topping mixture evenly over the raspberry preserves. Press down gently.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the topping is slightly browned.
- Cool for at least 1 hour.
- Cut and serve
- Makes 12-16 squares. Keep uncut and covered in refrigerator 3-5 days until serving
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.