Orange Walnut Blondies - December, 2022.
I love oranges!
And I love to add citrus to just about anything.
This is the perfect recipe to bake for a home-made gift to neighbors.
Or serve at a holiday party.
Since chocolate is always a plus, feel free to add chocolate chips.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter(plus extra to grease the baking pan)
- 1 ¾ cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (1 medium sized orange)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour (a little extra to dust the baking pan)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, plus some whole ones to put on top (12-16)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a small heavy-bottomed pan over low heat.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Stir frequently. When melted and smooth, remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the butter mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in the eggs until blended. Add the orange juice and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, salt and sift together directly into the batter. Mix gently until combined.
- With a big spoon, stir in the orange zest, chopped walnuts and, if desired, chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Put whole walnuts spaced evenly on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with only crumbs (no batter) on it. The top should be golden and the edges slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Cut just before serving.
- Makes 12-16 pieces
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.