Red Velvet – Milk Chocolate Brownies
The sweetest thing to do for the ones you love – bake! At the top of my “favorite” brownie list is our Red Velvet Witch. Truth be told, we sell this spectacular treat all-year-round at our Chelsea Market store, but we make many more pans around February 14.
This recipe is on pages of 30 and 31 of Fat Witch Bake Sale cookbook.
- 5 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter (⅓ cup)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9” x 9” baking pan with butter or vegetable oil. Dust with flour and shake out the excess.
- In a small heavy-bottom pan, over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and milk.
- Stir constantly until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Measure flour, salt and baking soda.
- Sift directly into the chocolate mixture. Beat slowly until no trace of the flour remains.
- Add the vanilla and food coloring and beat with a electric mixer on low until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 30-35 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for at least one hour.
- I recommend icing with our Cream Cheese Schmear.
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.