Candy Cane Icing - December, 2019.
The holidays are meant for decadent desserts!
This icing is not only a sweet topping; it’s pretty! I usually frost brownies, but you can use cake or cookies as a base.
- ¾ cup white chocolate chunks
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 crushed candy canes (enough for ½ cup)s
- Melt the white chocolate in a small saucepan slowly over low heat.
- Stir constantly. White chocolate, once burnt, cannot be rescued.
- Sift in the confectioners’ sugar directly into saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the confectioners’ sugar until all is smooth.
- Spread the icing evenly over the brownies (cake/cookies) and sprinkle immediately with the crushed candy cane bits.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the icing is set.
- Enough for 9” square pan of brownies.
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.