October: MAPLE PUMPKIN OATMEAL Bars.
This is the perfect fall treat to take hiking.
Enough said. Bake. Walk.
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (no spices added)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats (not instant)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” square baking pan.
- Dust the pan with flour and tap out the excess.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the maple syrup with the pecans.
- Toss with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Set aside for 10 minutes and then stir in the coconut oil, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats and salt with a fork.
- Add the pumpkin/pecan mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine into the dough.
- Using a spatula or clean hands, spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top should be golden brown and edges are pulling away from the sides.
- Cool for at least one hour before cutting into bars.
- 12-16 bars
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.