Turbo Chocolate Cookies - June, 2017.
Cookies are perfect pick-me-up sweets. These double-loaded chocolate treats have a one-two delectable punch. Bake a batch and put out for a graduation party. You’ll get an A for Awesome!
This recipe is on pages 26 and 27 of Fat Witch Bake Sale.
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs.
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar.
- ⅓ cups dark brown sugar packed.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
- 1¼ cup of unbleached all-purpose
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- ½ baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 large or 3 small baking sheets with butter, cooking spray or place parchment paper on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, eggs, sugars (granulated and brown) until frothy. Use an electric mixer if you have.
- Add the vanilla and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Measure the confectioner’s sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and sift directly into the butter mixture.
- Mix until no trace of the dry ingredients remains. With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using 2 tablespoons, drop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Space them at least 1” apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the edges are crisp and the center not shiny.
- Cool the baking sheets for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a platter and let to continue to cool.
- Transfer the cookies to an airtight container and store at room temperature for 5-7 days.
- Makes 24-36 cookies
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.